[asterisk-users] Can I roll my own E911?

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Tue Apr 22 09:09:23 CDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 23:17:40 -0400, Adam Moffett wrote:

>Assuming I only operate in one municipality (I do), and assuming I made
>some sort of connection to the emergency services center in this area,
>via SIP or a T1 or whatever, does asterisk have a way for me to send the
>E911 address data?

Others have certainly offered good responses and advice on the matter.
But I have a slighlty different approach. I use a GSM gateway to
provide what are effectively "cellular trunks" that provide 911 (and
411 for that matter) through a cellular carrier.

It seems an inexpensive way to ensure 911 service in what is otherwise
a 100% VOIP situation.

Michael
--
Michael Graves