[asterisk-users] Conditional include=> ?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Apr 22 04:06:44 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 09:55:37AM +0100, Steve Davies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have a clever method of doing a conditional "include =>"
> line in the dialplan?
>
> I want to include a bunch of standard contexts, but in the middle of
> the bunch have one or more conditionally included, a bit like:
>
> [default]
> include => start-here
> include => then-here
> if $[{COMPANY} = A]
>     include => company-A
> endif
> if $[{COMPANY} = B]
>     include => company-B
> endif
> if $[{COMPANY} = C]
>     include => company-C
> endif
> include => end-here
>

> The list of conditional variables, and of static includes is
> potentially large, so I do not want to create several separate sets of
> contexts with lots of repetition as it is likely to get out-of-control
> very quickly.

A different approach:

[company-base](!)
; common settings

[company-A](company-base)
; specific for company A

[company-B](company-base)
; specific for company B

[company-C](company-base)
; specific for company C

Keep in mind you can also use:

[sub-template](!,base-template)

And:

[context](template1,template2)

But one limitation is that you can only add: no way to remove line added
by a template your context uses.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com