[asterisk-users] Basic Possiblity Question.

Kyle Gibbons bobert5064 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:21:14 CDT 2008

The answer to your question depends on the QOS you desire. If you are
concerned less with call quality, and more with price, then the previous
solutions are certainly adequate. If call quality is important to you, I
would recommend going with a VOIP provider that has a private network, that
way your calls don't get switched to the public internet. When calls are
switched to the public internet, quality issues are much more likely and
random. WIth a private network your calls will be of much better quality and
problems are less likely. Also, I have no experience with multiple Asterisk
Boxes myself, but I have heard it can be tricky to cluster them as it seems
you would be likely to be doing.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Steve Totaro <
stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:

> I would look at setting up OpenVPN on each of the Asterisk boxen and
> running SIP between them.  I have read that IAX2 is much better now,
> but I have had many major voice quality issues with it.
>
> With OpenVPN, all Asterisk boxen appear to each other as being on the
> same subnet.  This gives you ease in using SIP and added security on
> many different facets.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro
>
> On 4/21/08, pdhales at optusnet.com.au <pdhales at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > Sure - read up on IAX for a few good points.
> >
> > PaulH
> >
> > > rupak shrestha <roops_2002 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi all, i have a basic question on asterisk.The below is my scenerao.
> > > I have my sales offices around the globe.Theyare all connected with
> > > Speed Internet connection.I don't mind installing 1 asterisk box in
> each
> > > site.i don't mind using IP phone.i just wanted to call them for free
> at
> > > the cost of existing internet connectionwe have at each site.All the
> > > asterisk box will be connected with TCP/IP with one of it's NIC card
> > > having a WAN connectivity.is it possible with asterisk.Please let me
> > > know.Thanx
> > > Going green? See the top 12 foods to eat organic.
> > >
> http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N
> > > 1653A

All the best,
Kyle