[asterisk-users] Dual Interface config

Dave Poirier dpoirier at mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Apr 21 13:47:31 CDT 2008

I'm looking for some configuration help. I'm currently running Asterisk 1.4
on Centos 5. I have a server that has two network cards, the first card is a
public ip that does sip trunking to our sip provider. The second network
card is an internal ip that is a seperate voice vlan.  The problem that I'm
having is that when I dial out via our sip trunk, it appears that asterisk
is reinviting the handset and our sip trunk to talk direct. This won't work
because our sip provider will only accept traffic from our public facing
ip.  I thought if I set "caninvite=no" and "reinvite=no" this would cause
asterisk to continue processing the media. Is that not the case? I've
scraped through what documentation I can find and googled but the only
additional info I could find was to set the "externip=MYPUBLICIP". Can
anyone with a similar setup help point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Dave