[asterisk-users] re-invite (bypass asterisk) post call establishment

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 03:34:10 CDT 2008

Hello ppl,
Any way to do a re-invite and make RTP bypass Asterisk, after call establishment.
In other words, I would like to control when to do the bypass work for peer-peer RTP flow.
The issue is that I need to send DTMFs after dialing the user because most of the users are behind PBXes (having individual extensions) themselves and almost all of the PBXes send a 200 OK and then play out the PBX messages.
So I need to send the extension DTMFs first, bridge the calls and then re-invite users for them to do a peer-peer rtp conversation.

TiA,
- Ben.