[asterisk-users] imaps - voicemail

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Apr 20 22:38:34 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 02:12:33AM +0300, Moshe Brevda wrote:
> does asterisk support imaps for voicemail storage?

I believe it does.

> Ide really like to use gmail as my imap server...

One problem you'll have is that Asterisk connects as an imap client to
each and every mailbox. Some imap servers (e.g: uw-imapd and dovecot)
support a "master" account/password, that allows one priviliged user to
acess any mailbox. I don't think you have such a thing with Google. So
this emans you'll have to store the account password for every user in
Astrerisk's configuration.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com