[asterisk-users] meetme with time condition

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Apr 19 21:38:29 CDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, nhadie ramos wrote:

> How can i enable time condition on meetme? below i would like to deny
> callers if the time is not yet the scheduled time of the conference, but it
> seems like its still goes to 600,2, hope anyone can help.
>
> [meet-me-test]
> exten => 600,1,GotoIfTime(10:00-11:00|*|19|Apr?meet-me-test,600,3)
> exten => 600,2,Playback(vm-goodbye)
> exten => 600,3,Hangup
> exten => 600,4,MeetMe(600||600600)

1) I read this as "If the time is between 10 and 11 in the morning on the
19th of April, hangup. Else, play goodbye and hangup." Neither case will
get you to the conference.

2) Is it still the "19'th" in your part of the world?

3) Try replacing each element with "*" to identify the source of your
problem.

And a few suggestions:

1) Since the target of your gotoiftime is in the same context and the same
extension, you only need to specify the priority.

2) You can use the "n" priority.

Both will make your code more robust, maintainable, and reusable.

Thanks in advance,