[asterisk-users] Dialplan Visualization (Extensions.conf or Dialplan Show)

Matthew Gibson mattgibson.ca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:19:43 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 04:28:29AM -0400, Matthew Gibson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > About 4 years ago there used to be a script floating around to generate
> > dynamic graphs/diagrams of extensions.conf (the asterisk dialplan).
> >
> > It was using GraphViz to perform the graphing.
> >
> > Does anyone have a copy of this script, or a better solution to generate
> > flowchart of my dialplan?
>
> from extensions.conf or from the output of 'dialplan show'? The latter
> assumes that Asterisk is running, but is also probably simpler to
> implement.

Either or. I would assume from "dialplan show" might be better because if
includes and the like. From extensions.conf might work too if there were no,
or limited includes.

> For the former, I saw a perl module Asterisk::Config on CPAN. There are
> probably other ways to do that.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

I know there was a script, I think it was linked from the "asterisk
cookbook" (remember that?@#$), but I've since found a few links to the
cookbook, and there is no mention in it, I also tried voip-info, and
google's cache, but couldn't find it there either.

Thanks,
Matt