[asterisk-users] G729 license count...

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Apr 18 14:12:20 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 08:35:26PM +0300, Atis Lezdins wrote:
> >  The codec in use for a specific channel doesn't even care if that
> >  channel exists over zapata analog or digital cards, sip channels, iax[2]
> >  channels, smoke signals, etc.      If you care to use ping pong balls
> >  and the atlantic ocean as your medium, you should be able to interface
> >  with the g729 codec if you still needed to :D  Although I wouldn't
> >  expect there to be much error correction inherent in the Atlantic.
>
> I would not risk sending my data trough new cutting edge transports
> You mentioned. Instead I prefer to use proven technologies, and
> preferably documented in RFC - for example RFC 2549  IP over Avian
> Carriers with Quality of Service. There are even some modifications to
> this by using flash cards instead of paper, and that beats speed of
> ADSL. However that still doesn't seems best for my VoIP traffic
> because of latency.

While Mojo here is busy blatantly promoting his commercial servises
in this non-commercial list using ideas that plainly don't even hold
water, here is something that does:

  http://wiki.notacon.org/AnythingButEthernet/TCP-over-Bass

You can also get some ideas from here:

  http://wiki.notacon.org/AnythingButEthernet/Armistice

(BTW: add a :-) to this post whereever necessary ;-) )

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com