[asterisk-users] DUDE!!!!! was RE: Dialplan Visualization(Extensions.conf or Dialplan Show)

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:47:02 CDT 2008

Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM, John Signorello <jsignorello at ispbx.com> wrote:
>
>> excuse me...
>>
>>  But did you not just post
>>
>>  [asterisk-users] OT Nice IBM 1U Server Gets Along w/Old and New
>>  Digium Boards Cheap X305 $199
>>
>>  Did you not provide a link to a COMMERICAL entity?
>>
>>  Wasn't your a post a unsolicited post, that is, not in response to a
>>  question???
>>
>>  There seems to be two standards here.
>>
>>  The fact that you do not work for them is immaterial.
>>
>>  If your argument is no commercial reference at all, then how do you
>>  explain your post?
>>

> You may have a point although I was more "doing a favor" or "looking
> out" rather than trying to push my wares on someone where they did not
> fit.
>
> I guess I would say it is different because of intent and
> presentation.  I thought about posting on the biz list but then
> thought it would better serve many Asterisk users.
>
> I certainly was clear in the title that it was a server that cost $199
> even if someone did not know that OT was short for "Off Topic"
>
> If anyone has any real objection to my occasional postings of this
> nature on the users list, then I will certainly keep them to myself.
> It takes more effort to post something that may be helpful than it
> does to remain silent.

 Steve,

-1 to not posting stuff like that anymore.

I think the guys in the office here have already picked up a couple of these machines here collectively to "play". They are a very good deal.

Is the post a double standard? Possibly, but it is what it is, and I personally prefer to see it rather than not see it.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/