[asterisk-users] G729 license count...

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Apr 18 12:35:26 CDT 2008

>  The codec in use for a specific channel doesn't even care if that
>  channel exists over zapata analog or digital cards, sip channels, iax[2]
>  channels, smoke signals, etc.      If you care to use ping pong balls
>  and the atlantic ocean as your medium, you should be able to interface
>  with the g729 codec if you still needed to :D  Although I wouldn't
>  expect there to be much error correction inherent in the Atlantic.

I would not risk sending my data trough new cutting edge transports
You mentioned. Instead I prefer to use proven technologies, and
preferably documented in RFC - for example RFC 2549  IP over Avian
Carriers with Quality of Service. There are even some modifications to
this by using flash cards instead of paper, and that beats speed of
ADSL. However that still doesn't seems best for my VoIP traffic
because of latency.

>  The codecs are modules for *asterisk* and not for the cards themselves.

That's true.

Regards,
Atis

--