[asterisk-users] G729 license count...

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Apr 18 11:37:32 CDT 2008

Raúl Gómez C. wrote:
> Another silly question,
>
> In the first Digium link posted before there is a line that said "*The G.729
> codec works with all Digium cards*", but this license will work with a
> Sangoma Remora Card??? Or do I need to buy it from Sangoma??? (I don't know
> if the are selling G729 licenses)

The codec in use for a specific channel doesn't even care if that
channel exists over zapata analog or digital cards, sip channels, iax[2]
channels, smoke signals, etc.      If you care to use ping pong balls
and the atlantic ocean as your medium, you should be able to interface
with the g729 codec if you still needed to :D  Although I wouldn't
expect there to be much error correction inherent in the Atlantic.

The codecs are modules for *asterisk* and not for the cards themselves.

Moj