[asterisk-users] DUDE!!!!! was RE: Dialplan Visualization(Extensions.conf or Dialplan Show)

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Apr 18 11:04:45 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM, John Signorello <jsignorello at ispbx.com> wrote:
> excuse me...
>
>  But did you not just post
>
>  [asterisk-users] OT Nice IBM 1U Server Gets Along w/Old and New
>  Digium Boards Cheap X305 $199
>
>  Did you not provide a link to a COMMERICAL entity?
>
>  Wasn't your a post a unsolicited post, that is, not in response to a
>  question???
>
>  There seems to be two standards here.
>
>  The fact that you do not work for them is immaterial.
>
>  If your argument is no commercial reference at all, then how do you
>  explain your post?

You may have a point although I was more "doing a favor" or "looking
out" rather than trying to push my wares on someone where they did not
fit.

I guess I would say it is different because of intent and
presentation.  I thought about posting on the biz list but then
thought it would better serve many Asterisk users.

I certainly was clear in the title that it was a server that cost $199
even if someone did not know that OT was short for "Off Topic"

If anyone has any real objection to my occasional postings of this
nature on the users list, then I will certainly keep them to myself.
It takes more effort to post something that may be helpful than it
does to remain silent.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro