[asterisk-users] CDR and transfers! :(

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Apr 17 19:37:49 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC
<mojo at horanappraisals.com> wrote:
> Raúl Gómez C. wrote:
>  > Hi list,
>  >
>  <snip>
>

>  > I think this is a very common scenario so, how are you doing to handle this
>  > situation???
>  >
>  What if you were to set an account code to the extension that is
>  requesting the long-distance call?
>
>  So person at extension 111 requests a long distance call to
>  808-555-1212.  Lets say the receptionist dials, then, *111*8085551212...
>
>  The PBX does something like:
>
>  exten => _*XXX*NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetAccountCode(${EXTEN:1:3})
>  exten => _*XXX*NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(Zap/G1/${EXTEN:5})
>
>  then, the receptionist transfers the call to extension 111, which again
>  sets the account code to111.
>
>  Seems the account code would help the CDRs to make more sense?  Maybe I
>  overlooked something :)
>
>  When anybody in the office dials 111, however, the accountcode will
>  still be set in my scenario.  This might lead to the user at 111 being
>  charged for inter-office calls!  So:
>
>  exten => _XXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
>
>  exten => _#XXX,1,SetAccountCode(${EXTEN:1})
>  exten => _#XXX,2,Goto(${EXTEN:1},1)
>
>  And the receptionist transfers long distance calls to #111
>
>  Moj

Without putting too much thought into it, it would seem that
creatively using queues or maybe even a meetme room, you could get
accurate billing.

Maybe if you use some AGI/AMI mojo along with queue_log you could come
up with something solid?  Not sure how using app_bridge shows up in
CDR either...

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro