[asterisk-users] QOS for outgoing SIP ... Who needs QoS anyway!

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Apr 17 14:07:20 CDT 2008

At 05:59 AM 4/17/2008, you wrote:
>Not at all "little".  If you have a lot of low priority outgoing traffic
>(i.e. p2p) saturating your link, uplink traffic shaping will mean the
>difference between a completely unintelligible call and something very
>acceptable.

My network looks like this:

Cable modem <> Linksys WRT54GS running Sveasoft
                 LAN port 1 to the phone system running on it's own
set of wires
                 LAN ports 2-4 to everything else

I've set the priority on port one to the highest and the priority on
all the other ports to low and as far as I can tell, we've never had
an issue where a big upload has impacted our voice calls.