[asterisk-users] Sip or IAX device with professional balanced audio out

Bob Pierce pierceb at westmancom.com
Thu Apr 17 09:45:56 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been googling for a solution here and haven't really come up with
anything yet. We're doing an Asterisk install for a local radio station,
and we're looking for a phone that they can use in their control room
hooked up to their mixer board for recording calls. So, when you phone
in for some contest or to request a song they record it and play it back
a few minutes later on the air. They are currently recording calls from
a hacked pots phone, but I was hoping for something a little more
elegant with their new system.

Has anyone run across a solution that might work nice here, or is there
some other way of tackling this problem that I may have overlooked?

Thank for your suggestions.

Bob