[asterisk-users] QOS for outgoing SIP calls

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:49:46 CDT 2008

Hi There,

We have our Asterisk box using a external SIP provider for outgoing
calls over our DSL line. This seems to be going well... But i do have
the ability to set some QOS ports in our linksystem DSL router... Its
faily basic, so im wondering if it will help at all...

We can specify High, Med, Low settings for: FTP, HTTP, Telnet, SMTP
and POP3. Plus we have the ability to specify up to 3 ports for the
same settings.

Is this worth doing? If so, what ports should i specifiy?

Simon