[asterisk-users] chan_zap error 1.4.19 tone duration

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Apr 16 15:51:27 CDT 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am getting an error:
>
> chan_zap invalid tone duration 11220.

Is this actually the error message you got? I don't see the line number
being placed into the error message by the code in chan_zap. When
reporting errors, it is very helpful if you actually copy and paste the
error message instead of typing it in 'from memory'.

> This is line 11220 in chan_zap.c and I have a toneduration of 300 in the
> zapata.conf file.
> I have commented it out and it is now working again.

It's not working, because your tone duration is not actually being set.
This is a bug in Asterisk, which has been corrected in Subversion branch
1.4 and will be in the next 1.4 release.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies