[asterisk-users] zaptel 1.4.10 regression with TE220B on Proliant DL380 G5 ?

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed Apr 16 10:05:29 CDT 2008

Hi Al,

Al Baker wrote:
> Shaun - Could you clarify your post a bit ?
>
> 1 - Is the "4 K " stacks a Known Problem ?
>      a) If so is it known to be problem on any specific Linux distro ?
>      b) Should ALL installation Check for this PRIOR to doing an
> Asterisk Install ?

I wouldn't really say a known *problem*, since it really depends on what other code is running in the system at the time.  I just mentioned that because I've seen 8K stacks help in certain situations.  8K stacks are still the default configuration option in the vanilla kernel.  Some distributions (CentOS / Fedora) have switched to 4K by default because they help with memory consumption in highly threaded environments like web servers.

For the most part, kernel panics and oops are best handled on a case by case basis with Digium's tech support department since each case is unique.

> 2) The "branch" you mention below - are "fixes" from it in Any current *
> release ?

Not that I'm aware of...

Cheers,
Shaun