[asterisk-users] Simple queue announcements

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed Apr 16 05:47:14 CDT 2008

Greetings list,

I've been playing around with queues on an old asterisk 1.2 box at a customer's site. They want to be able to add really simple queue announcements every minute, along the following lines:
"sorry for the delay, someone will be with you shortly".

Looking at the announce options in queues.conf, it seems to be possible to announce queue position and/or hold time, but not a simple announcement. I suppose I could, theoretically, erase all the queue-youarenext, queue-callswaiting, etc. voice files, but that seems rather excessive to achieve something so simple.

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it