[asterisk-users] do cards just instantly go bad

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 03:58:43 CDT 2008

In article <48038BD2.8060805 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> Hi - Been using a TE205P for a number of months - no issues.
>
> Today I was talking to someone and I heard click....
> No more phone service.
>
> I still have data service on this T1 line. (partial phone)
> zttool reports the SPAN as OK.
> calls are not coming in or going out.
>
> Does a card just go bad like that? How can I tell if the card is bad?
> I was expecting/hoping to see something other than OK on zttool.
> Its reporting OK but still no calls.
>
> I made no changes to anything in weeks.
>
> I presume there is a chance the carrier (nuvox) is having issues but
> how can I make sure there isnt something on my end?

Since you have two T1 ports, make up a T1 crossover cable (pair 1-2
crossed with pair 4-5) and connect the ports together.

In /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf set one of the spans to signalling=pri_cpe
and the other to signalling=pri_net.

Send one of the spans to a test context that just defines extension _X!
and plays the demo message or something.

Then try dialling out on the other span.

If you've done everything right and it doesn't work, it's the card. If it
does work, then your problem is with the carrier.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield