[asterisk-users] Zap Codec

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Apr 15 17:37:08 CDT 2008

In the sip peer definition,

disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw

SHOULD work.  Asterisk can't transcode g729, so it should fall on ulaw
for the ZAP calls.  But, when your polycoms talk with each other, as
long as all necessary REINVITEs happen, they should use the 729 codec I
believe.  Remember however, that many options to the Dial application,
like t,w,m,k (or so)  REQURE asterisk to remain in the media path.

moj