[asterisk-users] PBX Console

Anonymous jthompsonic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:54:30 CDT 2008

Originally posted by: mailto:

Hi,

I've been looking into the one bad thing about * which is there's no
practical solution to running a console. You know the kind where
you have rows of buttons each representing an extension. You press
the button of the extension you want to transfer the call to, and
it's done.

There's the beginnig of GUI version but it's going to eat resources
for running X which can become less than desirable, besides it's
not very competitive having to use a mouse to handle calls. Too
slow.

So my idea is to have a text window. We can run at a higher res than
25x80 and squeeze a fair number of extensions onto it.

The idea is to either use the extension number to access an
extension or for less than 100 station system, use a two digit
number for each person. This way there's minimum typing for the
operator. This have enough space to easily display busy, hold,
vmail etc. as the status of each extension.

This way with a flatscreen monitor, or dual for bigger systems we
can even run the console away from the server and use minimum
bandwidth.

The other status screen would be a voice mail screen where you can
A) see the status of voicemail. Lines in use etc. B) change the
name and features associated with voice mail.

--

Steve Szmidt
HTML in e-mail is not safe. It let's spammers know to spam you more,