[asterisk-users] polycom 501 stopped working

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Apr 15 09:58:32 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a polycom 501 phone that I rebooted today. It stopped working...
Normally the screen shows "New call, Forward" and that is all...
Now the screen shows "New call, Forward, MyStat, Buddies".
It no longer accepts incoming calls nor can I make outgoing calls.

I have reloaded factory defaults, and rebooted, reset and rebooted
and it wont go back to normal...

What happened and how do I get it back to normal?

All my phones boot my TFTP, This is working as  I see the requests
in the log file.

I was playing with sip.cfg (which I never had used at all before).
I have now removed the sip.cfg I created and rebooted the phone
but it still isnt working...

The sip.cfg file is the only file I created/changed and now I have
removed it.

What gives?

Jerry