[asterisk-users] What kind of Specs for Conference server

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Apr 15 09:04:22 CDT 2008

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Dovid B wrote:

> I know that this question has been asked before so please forgive me.

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission?

> I have a client that wants a box with 24 extensions that will have on it
> 6 conference rooms. All the phones will be using uLaw.

I don't think you can buy a PC so slow it couldn't handle 24 simultaneous
calls -- you may be able to find something in your junk pile that wouldn't
handle it.

Seriously, I tested a $300 Zonbu box (1.2gHz VIA processor, 512mb ram)
with 180 calls. (I forget if it was SIP or IAX -- you could search the
mailing list archives...) The calls were only playing demo-congrats in a
loop, but the audio quality was fine.

Thanks in advance,