[asterisk-users] Zap Codec

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Apr 15 08:04:49 CDT 2008

The PSTN only allows ulaw or alaw (depending on your location).  You
CANNOT send calls in any other codec over a PSTN line.  Generally, if
you want to use G729 then you must buy a G729 license (with a few
exceptions).

Jeremy Mann wrote:
> But I want my polycom to attempt g729 on SIPPEER-SIPPEER calls, I only
> want ulaw used when SIPPEER-ZAP is the case.

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.