[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk really good??

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 14 13:02:30 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:08:21AM -0400, Matt Florell wrote:
> The idea behind the script is to create a very simple hot-spare
> solution where all you have to do to replace a running machine is
> change the IP address of the spare server and un-tar/gz the file on a
> base-installed system and it will take the place of the failed machine
> within minutes. We haven't had to use it in production in this
> capacity yet, but it has worked in testing.

I may have just had an even better idea, crribbing from how DSL does
overlays.

Put said config file on an FTP server on the cluster... named after the
IP of the box, the way Bootp files are.

Put innocuous files on the box as a base install, and have it prospect
the FTP server on boot for an overlay.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.