[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk really good?? (added, What is ViciDial??)

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:54:22 CDT 2008

On 4/14/08, Eugen Soare <eugen.soare at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I'm glad so much has been sent about on the thread I create (bloated ego
> head> :) ) It has gotten my curiosity up.
>  What is VICIDIAL?
>  Is it Public Domain?
>  Pay for Software?
>  What's it all about?  (not looking for all the features, maybe I should put
> my understanding of it's functions and people can correct me.)
>
>  It seems to be a software product that can handle call centers, be they in
> coming our out going calls. Has modules to take credit cards / and is
> customizable so that added functionality can be written.
>
>  This is been very interesting!
>  es

Hello,

VICIDIAL is call center software for Asterisk. It is designed around
Asterisk, not compiled into Asterisk. VICIDIAL takes a different
approach to the call center application from how Asterisk inbound
Queues/Agents does it, since it uses Meetme rooms to house the agents
allowing for more consistency across versions of Asterisk as well as a
lot more flexibility in terms of features. The agent web interface is
an AJAX application that will run well in most modern web browsers on
computers with a PIII 500MHz or higher.

With VICIDIAL you can do inbound/outbound/blended call handling and
there are all sorts of features for call handling and agent functions.
The latest VICIDIAL release is GPLv2, but for future major releases we
are moving to the AGPLv2. VICIDIAL is free as in cost and speech.

There are currently well over 400 companies using VICIDIAL in over 40
countries(unconfirmed survey results show over 700 company users, with
over 17,000 seats total) and the agent interface is available in 9
languages.

Hope that helps. For more info go to:
http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/vicidial.html

MATT---