[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk really good??

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 14 09:07:40 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 06:02:26AM -0400, Al Baker wrote:
> >> Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> > Well, it may be based on my ignorance :)
> >
> > Can rsync mung a stanza from iax.conf like:
>
> why yes, my rsync does that just fine, you must not be running
> the latest version

April Fools Day was 2 weeks ago, Al.  :-)

rsync, to the best of my knowledge and belief, does not make any sort
of changes to the files it pushes -- it merely pushes the changes you
make.

So if you need a given file, let's say extensions.conf, to contain
different things on different machines, then using rsync to push it
from one master will in fact probably not work the way you want it to.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)