[asterisk-users] bandwidth required for Asterisk running on T1

Andrew Latham lathama at lathama.com
Fri Apr 11 10:37:07 CDT 2008

Using the online calculator mentioned in this thread will help.  There
is a lot to bandwidth and even more to VoIP network traffic than can
be answered with your question.  On an E1 that is dedicated to IAX
terminating to a provider that does trunking I would say that you
could get a large number of concurrent calls through....  On the other
hand if the calls where SIP u.law and going to different network
destinations you may only get a few concurrent calls to work.

Its like a good bottle of wine, the bottle is just the container....