[asterisk-users] Running asterisk + T1 + ztdummy on Debian vserver

mark morreny markmorreny at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 23:39:09 CDT 2008

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has experince running multiple instances of
Asterisk using Debian vserver.  The senario I want to implement is to have a
couples of DIDs.  Some DIDs are handled by Asterisk instance #1 and some
DIDs are handled by Asterisk instance #2.  The two Asterisk are within
different Debian vservers.  The calls are coming from a T1 line.
Has anyone tried this out and maybe give me some guidelines on how that can
be done?

Specific questions I have are:
1. How do the two Asterisk instances connect to the T1 line via (1 or
more?)ztdummy?
2. How to distribute incoming DID calls from T1 based on rules?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mark