[asterisk-users] best way for call detail logging

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:00:40 CDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to be able to log call details in Asterisk.  The kind of logs
that I like to generate is like this:

                                     From
To                       Forward                              Time
Incoming Call                604-343-3334
503-233-4454                                                   13:33:32
Extension
Routing         503-233-4454
    Extension
403                  13:33:32
 Forwarding
         503-233-4454
454-444-2334
                 13:33:32

where 503-233-4454 is my DID number.

Basically, I would like to log how calls are being handled in Asterisk.  I
understand
I can use AGI to log the information in database, but I am wondering if this
is scalable enough for large number of users.
I am using realtime CDR but it does not record the kind of detail that I am
looking for.
If I don't use AGI, what would be the best way to do it?  Can someone please
give me some advice or inputs?

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestion.

Thanks,
Pete