[asterisk-users] setting dtmf mode for a particular peer

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Apr 10 11:13:57 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 17:21 -0500, Brent Davidson wrote:
>

> Does anyone know if Asterisk will convert an inband DTMF from one sip
> channel to an info or rfc2833 DTMF on another (i.e. bridged) SIP
> channel?
You might also try "canreinvite=no" for both your phone and the sip
peer.  I think it's normal procedure for Asterisk to drop out of the
call path once the call is established between two peers.  The
canreinvite directive forces asterisk to remain as an intermediary, and
it will probably do the transcoding that way.  If I'm not mistaken this
is also useful for making calls between two system that have no common
codecs.

-Brent