[asterisk-users] multiple simultaneous access to single voice mail box

Bob Pierce pierceb at westmancom.com
Wed Apr 9 17:18:32 CDT 2008

We are using Asterisk 1.2.18 at this site. One of the users brought this
to my attention today.

"We have a problem when we take the message off the voice mail. If I am
taking off the messages it used to be [on the old phone system] that no
one else was able to go in & take off the message. Now I can be taking
off the messages & some one else can also be taking off the same
messages. We should not be able to do this!!"

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to setup the voice mail so
that each box can only be accessed by one person at a time?

Bob