[asterisk-users] setting dtmf mode for a particular peer

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Apr 9 16:39:32 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 16:18 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> No, that's correct.  The problem is that you aren't using the peer definition
> when you dial (as you said, you've never needed it before).
>
> Use
> Dial(SIP/1234 at voipmich)
> NOT
> Dial(SIP/1234 at tf.voipmich.com)

Ugh.  That's a problem.  This is ENUM dialing.  So the only reason I my
dialplan will even use tf.voipmich.com is because:

$ enum_lookup 18881234567
7.6.5.4.3.2.1.8.8.8.1.e164.org has NAPTR record 10 100 "u" "E2U+SIP" "!^\\+1888(.*)$!sip:1641641888\\1 at sip.tollfreegateway.com!" .
7.6.5.4.3.2.1.8.8.8.1.e164.org has NAPTR record 10 100 "u" "E2U+SIP" "!^\\+1888(.*)$!sip:1888\\1 at tf.voipmich.com!" .

So the ENUM macro takes the destination from the above NAPTR DNS result.

Any way to deal with that?  I've tried replacing the "[voipmich]" with
"[tf.voipmich.com]" but that doesn't seem to have done the trick either.

If there is a more general way to work around this problem, like by
autodetecting what a SIP server will use for DTMF, I'm all into that.
Having to make sip.conf entries for random SIP servers is a PITA and
doesn't scale.

b.