[asterisk-users] RTCP not being sent when on hold

Adrian A adrianvoip at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:01:43 CDT 2008

The RTP codec 126 is a bogus RTP packet sent by Bria to maintain the NAT
binding.

I've identified the issue as this:

Bria has an inactivity timer that is based on RTCP. Basically, if during the
call there is RTCP, Bria uses it to make sure the call is still alive.
Asterisk does send RTCP when call is active, but it stops when call is put
on hold by Bria. The default timeout for Bria is 30 seconds, thus it
disconnects the call because it has not received any RTP or RTCP during this
time.

I am not sure at this point which is correct implementation. Should the
client not rely on RTP/RTCP when it's on hold or should Asterisk send some
sort of keep alive RTP/RTCP when it knows one of the clients is on hold?