[asterisk-users] Attrafax

Matt Watson mwatson at becon.org
Wed Apr 9 13:52:53 CDT 2008

I have a single channel license of Attrafax right now...

It seems to work well from the testing I have done with it so far, which admittedly isn't as much as I was hoping to have done at this time.

I;m using Linksys SPA2102 ATA's with it... basically what I;m doing is...

FAX Machine -> Linksys SPA2102 -> SIP/T.38 -> Asterisk -> TDM card (currently TDM800P + TDM400P, but moving to TE220B soon) -> PSTN

I had some trouble with Attrafax at first, but updating the firmware on my SPA2102 fixed the problem.  I've also tried interfacing a couple of Ricoh multifunction copiers with it (we have Ricoh MP 2500 & MP 5000 which can both talk SIP if you have the fax option)... I haven't had any luck at all getting T.38 negotation to happen between attrafax and the Ricoh's though... I kinda decided it wasn;t worth spending the time fiddling with it when I could just attach a SPA2102 to it for 80$

Attractel will gives you a 2-week demo license of Attrafax if you request it from them, if you want, I can send you the email address of the contact I have there, just shoot me an email off list if you want his contact info.

--
Matt