[asterisk-users] PrivacyManager not working

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed Apr 9 10:50:58 CDT 2008

Hi list,

On my system, PrivacyManager is not reacting to anonymous calls.
Whenever I dial into my system with my mobile phone's number hidden,
the CLI message "CallerID Present: Skipping" shows up and and my SIP
phone rings anyway.

Perhaps the cause is due to the fact that when there is no CID, the
results are not always the same. For example, I see in my CDR database
that when anonymous calls come in via the SIP channel, the clid field
shows:

                  "Anonymous" <anonymous>

However, when anonymous calls came in though my old ISDN line (which I
can't test anymore because it no longer exists), the clid field would
show:

                  CID withheld

Although I'm not sure, I suspect that PrivacyManager recognizes the
latter format, but not the former. Has anyone else experienced this
problem, or know of a fix or workaround?

FYI: I'm using Asterisk 1.4.19 and anonymous calls only come in via SIP.

Thanks!

Jaap