[asterisk-users] PINCH: Reply-to-munging

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Apr 9 09:12:01 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 03:38:31PM +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> writes:
> > Which is why 'rm' ALWAYS prompts for confirmation, right?  Oh, wait, it
> > doesn't.  ;-)
>
> Confirmation is useless, it just teaches everyone to blindly type y.

"Are you sure you want to delete $REALLY_IMPORTANT_FILE?"  y

"Are you really sure??" y

"You won't be able to get it back, you know..." yes, yes, just delete it

"Deleted $REALLY_IMPORTANT FILE.  Thanks for playing."  Oh, pants.

> Analogies suck, of course.

Yep, but posited dialogues are fun.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)