[asterisk-users] Message waiting indication(MWI) for voicemail - to H323 endpoints

Anisha Kumar anisha.kumar at nestgroup.net
Wed Apr 9 06:53:44 CDT 2008

Hi all,

 I feel that mailing to the point and focussing on the requirement was
more needed than anything else. That's how I have been involved in other
lists too so far. Anyways thank you for pointing that out. I shall try
to change my tone. But I am not sure what created the impression that I
did not do any research. I have been looking into all possible forums
and sites, available tutorials for the same. I posted my query only
after my detailed analysis and after failing to find any suitable
solution for h323, though I  got the solutions for SIP.

 With my analysis so far, I find that Asterisk is used normaly with
ooh323c for H323 support. However it does not provide support to
H.450.7, Message Waiting indication supplementary service. Hence, one
way is to use H323Plus with Asterisk. But then Asterisk code may also
need implementations to support that.  I got this solution from a very
experienced member of H323Plus/OpenH323.

As I am completely new to Asterisk, I do not know , how much of
implementation will be needed in Asterisk. Further more, as I have very
little time to finalize my report, I am more interested in knowing the
existing solutions/methods that is being adopted.

So kindly provide your valuable feedbacks and suggestions about the
existing solutions for MWI for voicemail , that any of you might have
used with the available open source solutions,for an H323 endpoint. Any
input or suggestions will be highly useful.

Hoping to get a positive response.

Thanks in advance,
Anisha