[asterisk-users] RTCP not being sent when on hold

Adrian A adrianvoip at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 18:54:44 CDT 2008

Hello,

When I receive a call to my CounterPath Bria from Asterisk 1.4.18.1 and I
place the call on hold, the call is dropped after 30 seconds.
It looks like there is no RTCP/RTP sent to the client from Asterisk while on
hold (music on hold playing to caller) thus client disconnects the call.
During this time, I get the following messages in the CLI:

NOTICE[24194] rtp.c: Unknown RTP codec 126 received from '0.0.0.0'

In sip.conf I have rtpkeepalive=15 but that does not seem to help.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this, other than increase the timeout
on Bria?

Thanks,
Adrian