[asterisk-users] Digium HPEC license counting

Matt Watson mwatson at becon.org
Tue Apr 8 10:31:16 CDT 2008

Not that I;m complaining.... But I just got my 2 HPEC license keys from digium... for  TDM800P and TDM400P

asterisk asterisk # zaphpec_enable
Digium High-Performance Echo Canceller Enabler
Copyright (C) 2006, Digium, Inc.
Version 1.0.2
Use the '-l' option to see license information for software
included in this program.

Found key 'HPEC-KEY1' for 8 channels.
Found key 'HPEC-KEY2' for 4 channels.
Found valid HPEC licenses for 13 channels.

Since when does 8+4  =  13   ???  maybe I should ask thinkgeek.com to make another t-shirt like this one: http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/itdepartment/60f5/ ?

When they first issued my TDM800P key they incorrectly set it up as a single channel license instead of 8 channel... but after going back and forth with them a couple times they got it fixed... when I had a 4+1 license it correctly showed 5 channels...  is it possible that somehow my old license for KEY1 is giving me an extra license and not showing it?  They didn't actually issue me a new key... just fixed it on their end and had me re-register it.

After I re-registered I unloaded the zaptel, wctdm, and wctdm24xxp modules and re-loaded them all... so I;m not really sure how that original single channel license might still be lingering... but that's all I can think of.

--
Matt

Disclaimer Statement: This e-mail is confidential and is intended for the above-named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient and/or have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by telephone and delete this e-mail from your system without retaining a copy in any form. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this e-mail is prohibited.