[asterisk-users] Astribank

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Apr 7 14:43:30 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 02:12:03PM -0300, Guilherme Loch Waltrick Góes wrote:
>  > I have a server with 8 Xorcom Astribank, they're connected to the server via
>  > a USB hub, my problem is: when a reboot the server the ID of the Channel
>  > Bank changes, cousing a big mess on my server. Anybody know how can I solve
>  > this ?
>
>  You should use zt_registration at startup, and then there should be no
>  problem.
>
>  With manual load order we really can make no solid guarantee on the load
>  order. Therefore the driver defaults not to register with Zaptel
>  automatically when a span becomes available. Rather, when you know all
>  the hardware has become available, you just run 'zt_registration on'
>
>  This will register all the span, and will also do that in a very
>  specific order (by default - in the order of their connectors), which
>  will is not likely to just change from one time ot another.
>
>  If you use the standard zaptel init.d script, 'zt_registration on'
>  should indeed be run after all the spans have been loaded (using
>  the waitfor_xpds proc files).
>
>  http://zaptel.tzafrir.org.il/README.Astribank.html#_registering_in_zaptel
>  http://zaptel.tzafrir.org.il/man/zt_registration.8.html
>
>  (The above are from the documentation included in Zaptel)
>
>  --
>                Tzafrir Cohen
>  icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
>  +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
>  http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

Tzafrir,

Maybe you could contact the guys from the app_rpt, they were having
the same issue with multiple USB URIs but came up with a solution.
Maybe it is the same solution you have or maybe something a little
simple.

Give "Steven Henke" <steve.w9sh at gmail.com> or Jim Dixon a shout.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro