[asterisk-users] Where is the Digium DS3 card?

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Mon Apr 7 12:08:09 CDT 2008

On April 7, 2008 02:01:08 am Alex Balashov wrote:
> A Lucent TNT Max outfitted with _plethoric_ VFCs might work okay.  Apex
> too, perhaps.  Haven't tried to see how much it can handle when TDM->RTP
> translation is required.

I'm curious; are the cpu/tdm/dsp requirements for 672 g729 rtp streams that
much higher than 672 v92 data streams?  I have done work for a dialup ISP
that has probably 20 of the damn things running for quite some time now with
zero issues, and I can't imagine that the RTP requirements are higher than
v92's.

-A.