[asterisk-users] Laying out things correctly

Dave dventer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:31:22 CDT 2008

Hi,

We have two PRI lines each with a huge span of numbers. We'd like to make
use of these lines/numbers for voice. In a typical setup, what would be the
perfect way to use this.

- Would one have a dedicated box that has the PRI cards configured running
Asterisk and it's only function is to handle the lines
   - All other machines trunking through to the PRI box for
outgoing/incoming calls as required
- A separate machine that handles the central billing for all
incoming/outgoing calls as per the required solution?

What are the benefits or what are the best ways in doing certain things.
Please excuse me if the correct terminology has not been used, I am fairly
new to the world of VoIP and Asterisk.

Regards,
Dave