[asterisk-users] Where is the Digium DS3 card?

Michael Cargile viciastdump at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 11:12:17 CDT 2008

 <http://www.vicidial.com/>On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> We've already connected ~600 analog extensions to Asterisk and we were
> far from reaching the bottlenecks. We have used a machine that is hardly
> a top-of-the line server (a dual-core Dell machine), with some 20
> Astribank 32 FXS-s connected to it.

There is big difference between a TDM card and a USB device. Also were you
actively using all ~600 extensions at once?

The system we were building was a predictive dialer. Not only were all
channels engaged at one time but we were actively establishing and
disconnecting channels at a rate of over 15 per second.

Anyone who is looking for a DS3 TDM card is probably not looking to use it
to hookup channel banks with it. They are looking to increase their line
capacity, thus increasing their number of concurrent channels.

Michael Cargile
Director of Consulting
The Vicidial Group
www.vicidial.com