[asterisk-users] realtime errors

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Apr 5 22:49:12 CDT 2008

On Saturday 05 April 2008 12:27:03 ronald ramos wrote:
> [Apr  6 01:05:04] WARNING[18959]: app_voicemail.c:2262
> inboxcount: Failed to obtain database object for
> 'asterisk'!

This error typically means that you failed to configure res_mysql.conf,
or that the parameters that you provided are not sufficient to connect.
The two most common reasons are:  either the socket is incorrect (MySQL's
default is /tmp/mysql.sock, but most distributions place the socket at
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock) or that you've specified a TCP socket, yet MySQL
is not listening on TCP (also the default on most distributions).  Check your
settings in /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf or /usr/local/etc/my.cnf and
compare with the settings in /etc/asterisk/res_mysql.conf.

--
Tilghman