[asterisk-users] Advice on best operator phone (with attendant console)

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 5 20:47:37 CDT 2008

For a receptionist, you generally want to go with a quality phone since
they're going to be the heaviest user of the phone system in the
building.  (Inbound/outbound call agents may take/make more calls, but
their requirements are far more simple than the complex call juggling a
receptionist can do)

Go with the Polycom 601/650 with attendant consoles - the fact that the
display is LED and is automatically updated whenever the directory
changes is going to be a big plus here, and the sound quality of the
Polycoms outperform anything else on the market.

The only drawback is that IIRC the directory will have to be configured
through an XML file - the web interface will allow you to add entries,
however I have a sneaking suspicion that you /can't/ configure BLF
through the web interface.