[asterisk-users] ztdummy

Norman Franke norman at myasd.com
Thu Apr 3 12:57:13 CDT 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:45 PM, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:

>> You can try zttest, although I'd bet it will hang. See what's going
>> to the console (or use dmesg.) If it's a lot of rtc errors, then
>> you'll likely need to upgrade your kernel to at least 2.6.23.11. That
>> worked for me.
>
> I'd be surprised if that is the solution - I have been using
> ztdummy with
> the RTC hook since 2.6.9 with no problems, and again on
> 2.6.18-53.1.6.el5
>
> Unless it's a 64-bit issue - I've only ever used 32-bit.

I'm using 32-bit as well, but it may depend on the hardware. I'm
using HP DL-380s and Debian (both etch and sarge had the same problems.)

I did nothing other than upgrade my kernel (and recompile zaptel, of
course) and it just started to work. I used to get a lot of those
missing interrupt errors to the console before, not now.

If zttest hangs, I'd suspect the drivers are loaded. Otherwise,
you'll get an error that it can't find a zap device (and playback
then works.)

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com