[asterisk-users] ztdummy

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 11:45:27 CDT 2008

In article <47F50643.6000000 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> OK If I modprobe ztdummy then the RTC does start incrementing... to like
> 9250. then stops...
>
> What now?

Sounds like the module got auto-unloaded due to not being in use.

I have found the most reliable way to invoke zaptel/ztdummy is using the
proper init script:

1. In your zaptel source directory, do "make config". That will create
/etc/rc.d/init.d/zaptel and the rcX.d links to it.
2. Likeewise, in your asterisk source directory, also do "make config"
if you haven't already.  That will create /etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk and
the rcX.d links.
3. Do "chkconfig zaptel on" and "chkconfig asterisk on" just to be sure.
4. Do "service zaptel start". That will load the modules and do any
configuration necessary. Try that and then watch /proc/interrupts.
5. Also do "service asterisk start".
6. When the system is booted up in future, zaptel and asterisk should
automatically start.

Cheers
Tony
--